It’s not just the iPhone that is susceptible to damage. Your iPhone screen can be scratched or broken, too. And this can happen without even realizing it. So with these 10 tips, you’ll have your iPhone covered in terms of protection. If these tips didn’t help, book your iPhone screen repair service at the local phone repair shop.
1) Use a clear case to protect your phone from scratches- Scratches on your phone are impossible to see when you are scrolling through Instagram and watching Snapchat stories. But for those that like their iPhones as pristine as possible, having a clear case will help prevent any potential scuffs on the back or sides of the phone from getting worse due to everyday use.
2) Add a screen protector- Screen protectors are really easy to install and inexpensive! This is especially helpful if you have kids who tend to put things in their mouths (like phones). It also helps make sure that dirt and grime don’t get into the crevices of your phone and make it more difficult for you to clean or repair scratches later on.
The Importance of Protecting Your iPhone Screen
The importance of protecting your iPhone screen can’t be understated. No matter how careful you are, accidents happen and screens get scratched or broken. When this happens, it’s important to have a plan for repair or replacement. That will minimize the downtime your business faces due to a broken screen. Screen protectors and cases provide a layer of protection that increases your phone’s lifespan and keeps it looking new for longer than ever before! Looking for phone repair service in UK? Check iFix out and we’ll be glad to help!
What You Need to Protect Your Phone
1) Clear case- Protects your phone from scratches to the back of the phone and sides
2) Screen protector- Keeps dirt, grime, and food away from the screen so you don’t have to worry about scratching it.
3) Protective case for your lightning cable- It’s always a good idea to have a backup lightning cable in case you lose one or it gets damaged. You can also get cables in different colors!
4) Screen protector for your lightning cable- In order to protect your iPhone screen, you need to protect other places it can be damaged as well. So getting a screen protector for your lightning cable is a great way to keep your phone safe in case it falls on its side or something.
5) Phone case with kickstand- If you’re planning on watching anything on your phone, then having a stand is essential. This way you don’t have to try and hold up your phone while watching. Just pop out the stand and put it on any surface that’s sturdy enough (like on top of a table).
Get a Clear Case
3) Invest in a screen protector- Screen protectors are really easy to install and inexpensive! This is especially helpful if you have kids who tend to put things in their mouths (like phones). It also helps make sure that dirt and grime don’t get into the crevices of your phone and make it more difficult for you to clean or repair scratches later on.
Add a Screen Protector
Screen protectors are really easy to install and inexpensive! This is especially helpful if you have kids who tend to put things in their mouths (like phones). It also helps make sure that dirt and grime don’t get into the crevices of your phone and make it more difficult for you to clean or repair scratches later on.
3) Clean your screen regularly- Make it your goal to wipe down your phone with a damp cloth at least once a day. This will help to remove any grime, dust, or food particles that might be stuck on the screen, increasing its longevity.
4) Avoid using abrasive products- Using items like paper towels or toothpaste is a bad idea because they’ll scratch up the surface of your iPhone. Just think about what those items can do if they’re too close to your iPhone’s screen…
Cleaning and Caring for Your Phone
3) Make sure to clean your phone- It is a good idea to clean your phone periodically, especially if you have kids around. Kids like to put things in their mouths and it may be a good idea to make sure that your phone is always clean for them too.
4) Use an anti-glare screen protector- If you’re looking for an extra layer of protection, but don’t want the bulk of a case, then you can use an anti-glare screen protector. These protectors usually come with the same technology as the back of your iPhone and help to reduce glare on the screen while also protecting against scratches.
5) Get a screen protector that doesn’t interfere with the touchscreen- As we all know, one of the best parts about iPhones are their touch screens! We use our fingers to scroll and tap through apps. If you get a screen protector that happens to block or interfere with touch input sensitivity, then we recommend trying a different one out.
6) Be careful not to scratch or break your iPhone – You might think that this is obvious and would never happen… but accidents happen! And they are usually when you least expect it. So make sure you put your phone down carefully so as not to scratch or break it in any way and avoid doing anything else that might cause damage.
7) Handle your phone with care – Your iPhone is delicate just like any other electronic device. Do not drop it or let it fall off surfaces onto
Keep the Outside of Your Phone Clean
3) Clean your phone regularly- Just like any other electronic device, one of the best ways to protect it is to keep it clean. This will also help you avoid attracting too much dust and dirt that can lead to scratches.
4) Avoid “charging” your phone in bed- Charging phones overnight can be a bad habit for several reasons. For one, the heat generated by your phone when charging can damage the phone’s battery or even cause fires. Also, the cold air circulating around your bed while charging can cause condensation on the screen of your phone and make potential water damage worse.
5) Put your phone in airplane mode before going to sleep- It’s not just keeping our phones out of reach from children that is important here. Putting a cell phone in airplane mode before bed will help prevent any nighttime notifications from alarms, texts, or calls that might wake you up during your sleep cycle.
6) Keep your screen brightness as low as possible: Lowering the brightness on your iPhone is not only better for battery life but it also helps reduce eye strain from having a bright screen all day long.
7) Turn off Notifications and Background App Refresh- Turning off these features will free up space and resources for use when you need them most.
8) Avoid placing heavy objects on top of your iPhone- Placing heavy objects on top of a phone isn’t uncommon for some people (especially if you only have one). But doing this daily can
3) Avoid water and high humidity- The iPhone is not water-resistant. And if you drop it in a puddle or other body of water, that may be the last time you see your phone. The same holds true for high humidity. When the air is really humid, condensation can form on the phone and lead to permanent damage to the device.
4) Don’t charge your phone overnight- Keeping your iPhone plugged in too long can cause it to get hot. And this could lead to a fire later on because of overheating components within the device.
5) Put your iPhone away when you’re at a concert or sporting event- At concerts and sporting events, there is always a risk of getting bumped into and having an accident happen to your precious iPhone. Save yourself the anxiety and don’t bring it with you!
6) Turn off Bluetooth while driving- If you’re driving, turn off Bluetooth to avoid any potential distractions from notifications coming through on your device.
7) Don’t use airplane mode while driving- Although this may seem like common sense, many people will put their phone in airplane mode while they are driving so that they don’t receive notifications about anything happening on social media or text messages. This is a bad idea because it disables location tracking service which could be important in case of an emergency situation like being involved in an accident or having car trouble.
Don’t Put Your Phone in the Sun
One of the most common ways that screens get damaged is by being in direct sunlight for extended periods of time. This can happen if you bring your phone outside with you when you’re at a barbecue or sitting on the beach. The UV rays from the sun are not good for your screen and can cause it to become dull and blotchy, not to mention making it easier for the screen to break.
4) Protect your phone when it’s being used near water- If you like to use your phone while cooking or playing near water, this is a perfect time to make sure that you have some kind of protection over it. Whether it is a waterproof case or something else, make sure that your iPhone is protected before using it near any liquids! This can help prevent anything from spilling onto your phone and damaging the circuitry inside.
5) Invest in some tempered glass- Tempered glass is really expensive upfront but will actually save you money in the long run. By investing in tempered glass, you’ll be able to prevent any scratches on your screen without having to replace it as often. It also helps protect against breaking because tempered glass is about three times stronger than regular glass.
6) Don’t use dirty screen cloths- It might seem like an easy way to clean up smudges on your screen, but using a dirty cloth will do more harm than good! Even if there doesn’t seem like there’s dirt or dust on the cloth, there could be oils from
Tips for Keeping your Screen Clean and Protected
3) Clean your screen regularly- It’s important to keep your screens clean and free of smudges. But how often should you clean your screens? The general rule of thumb is to always use a microfiber cloth to constantly wipe down the screen.
4) Arm yourself with a cleaning kit- You should never walk around without a cleaning kit! This includes an alcohol wipe, lens cloth, microfiber cloth, and compressed air can.
5) Use an anti-static phone sleeve- This will help ensure that any dirt or dust doesn’t get into the crevices of your iPhone when you put it away for the night.
6) Store your phone in a protective case when not in use- If you have kids or pets that might like to chew on things, storing your phone in a protective case will go a long way in protecting it while you’re out and about. Plus, it helps make sure that no one touches the screen by mistake while you are gone and inadvertently turns off or deletes something on it.
7) Protect your screen with an oleophobic coating- Oleophobic coatings help prevent fingerprint smudges from appearing so often on the screen while also making cleaning easier because they repel oils as well as water which can cause stains.
Use Wet Cloth to Wipe Down Screen
3) Use a cloth to wipe down the screen- You should always keep a wet cloth on hand to wipe down your phone screen. This will help rid any fingerprints and make sure that there is no dust near your home button, camera, or any other buttons.
4) Get a quality case- A good quality phone case will protect your phone from bumps, drops, and possible water damage. It’s worth the investment if you are prone to dropping your iPhone or using it anywhere that is not just dry land.
5) Avoid using the “Fingerprint Unlock” feature- Fingerprint unlock is great for convenience but it also means that there are oils from your fingers all over the camera lens. Instead of unlocking with your fingerprint, try Face ID or an alternate security measure like a pin code to use when you’re not looking at the phone.
6) Invest in a good charger- The iPhone charges quickly but it’s important to get one with good reviews so that it doesn’t cause more damage to the device. Investing in a good charging cord will help reduce any issues with overheating caused by old chargers or cheap products.
7) Clean off any dirt around ports- Dirt can easily get into ports and increase the chances for corrosion on the inside of your phone if you don’t clean them off now and then. Doing this regularly can help avoid any surprises down the line when you need to charge your phone or plug something into it.